Tuesday 17 November 2009

Green and White Blog

Welcome to Vyse's Green and White Blog. As you may have guessed, it's a football blog. No, it isn't a Celtic blog. It's not even a blog about the mighty Blyth Spartans. It's a blog regarding those giant-killers of days gone by, Yeovil Town.

I must confess, my support for Yeovil Town does not go back too far. In fact, this is my very first season as a season-ticket holder. I am 24, from Chard (near Yeovil, shocker for anyone who isn't local) and a buyer for an engineering company. My first ever Yeovil Town match was against Telford United in 2003, which Yeovil won 3-0, all but confirming their promotion to the football league. I went to university the following year, although I did go and watch the Glovers when they played against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium a couple of times (As may be apparent I went to University in South Wales), including a memorable 3-2 victory in the Swans' promotion season which possibly became the start of my real love affair with the Glovers.

Fast forward to late summer 2008, I arrived home from South Wales, and went to watch Yeovil play Walsall in the opening game of 2008/2009, a truly apallingly-weathered afternoon which ended in a 1-1 draw. From that afternoon, I have been going to Huish Park whenever possible, attending roughly ten home and two away matches last season, including the incredible 2-2 draw with Hereford (I will never forget Wealey's header), and this season, decided to finally take the plunge and buy myself a season ticket in the Blackthorn Stand. Since the beginning of this season, I've been to nearly every match, home and away, and have been well and truly bitten
by the bug.

So I've decided to keep a blog, tracking my first season truly following Yeovil, and will give my own match reports, opinions (both on Yeo and football in general), travelogues on awaydays, and my view on Huish Park as I see it. I'll also post a few off-topic bits and pieces here and there.

I'll also in my next post give a summary of my season so far, that will not be too in-depth (I'll save that for my proper posts), but give a quick overview of my August-November. From last Saturday, which I'll cover later, I'll be doing in-depth match reports for every match I go to (and summaries from the ones I don't).

I hope you enjoy Vyse's Green and White Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment